Monday, April 19, 2010

Dresses

Today I want to talk about "favorite characters". now to try and limit that to just one is impossible. Putting them in to different categories is a little easier, but would go on for days (maybe) so with out further ado I will talk about one subject, The Princesses and their clothes. Specifically the big three (Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty)

Cinderella: favorite princess by far, simply because I LOVE her gown. The color that I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) have dubbed "Cinderella Blue" was the goal of many of my wedding decorations, and apparently extremely hard to find (just ask my now sister in laws) I even sang "So This Is Love" to my husband at our wedding.
The other princesses are nice too, but they're no Cindy.

Snow White: well I like her dress too. More on her later.

Sleeping Beauty: The blue dress is my favorite of hers (I have never been a big fan of pink) But I have always been partial to her crown. (maybe because I don't think that the others wear any so she wins by default)

Now dresses in the Parks: I am not a fan of the Cinderella dress that she wears at the parks. The one in the parades is decent, but there is something about the meet and greet one that, to me, just isn't right. I think that the best park dress meet and greet is Snow White. To me it is the most life like dress based on a cartoon (does that make sense to anyone other than myself). The Sleeping Beauty dress is much like the Cinderella dress in my book, it is just too cartoony. I think it's really her collar that sets it off for me.

Now has anyone else ever noticed, that the poor version of the princesses (Brier Rose, Snow White, and Cinderella) the color pallet for their outfits are all the same. ...brown, grey, white, pistachio green....coincidence I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment